Below is a list of suggested equipment and supplies for your
January Fashion & Swimwear Cruise Workshop.
The items in red are pretty much a MUST
The items in green are not essential but suggested
for a better experience
The items in black are optional and are not required
Buy from whatever vendor you are comfortable with.
1. A Digital SLR and an assortment of lenses
2. A sufficient supply of memory cards
3. A sufficient supply of charged batteries and a charger
4. A gray target for optimal white balance. I will bring you one if you ask me to for $25
5. A computer or tablet to download your images into and a flash drive to move some onto for the photo critique and sharing.
6. An original or downloaded copy of your camera’s owner manual
7. A hand held incident and/or spot meter. This may be your most valuable tool if you can afford one. I recommend the Sekonic L358 (it’s discontinued so try to find a used one) or the new model Sekonic L478 or any hand held meter to read incident ambient light. Call me and I will help you make a good purchase.
8. An LCD Loupe. Go to Amazon or another vendor and search for LCD Loupes. There are many types available now from $30 on up. This is an AWESOME accessory to look at your LCD screen in the bright sun or to see what you’re really capturing. The Hoodman Loupe is one of the best..
9. A device (or something in “the cloud”) to backup your images onto.
10. A tripod