Below is a list of suggested equipment and supplies for your
Incredible Cuba Workshop
The items in red are a MUST
The items in green are not essential but suggested for a better experience
The items in black are optional and not required
1. A Digital SLR or Point and Shoot Camera.
I highly recommend a Digital SLR if you can afford one. I would be happy to help you make a wise, inexpensive purchase, but a Point and Shoot camera will still capture awesome images, you just won’t have as many accessories or options available to you as you would with a DSLR
2. An original or downloaded copy of your camera’s owner manual
3. Wide angle and zoom lenses
4. An electricity travel converter with adapters. I highly recommend this one.
5. A power strip
6. A sufficient supply of memory cards
7. A sufficient supply of batteries and/or chargers
8. A STURDY tripod and a very good tripod head. This is critically important. Get a tripod that is sturdy and not flimsy. I see too many horrible tripods. Invest in a good one.
9. A remote shutter release for long exposures and to avoid camera shake. I use this inexpensive one for my Nikon and it’s wireless. You may be able to use one that’s wireless, or you may need to get one that’s wired and plugs into your camera. Get one that works with your camera, if your camera will in fact work with one. Get extra batteries for it too. LEARN HOW TO USE IT BEFORE YOU COME.
10. A circular polarizing filter
11. A hand held incident and/or spot meter. This may be your most valuable tool if you can afford one. I recommend the Sekonic L858D.
12. A gray target for optimal white balance. I have these available.
13. Any and all medications and toiletries you may need
14. Note pad for training
15. Clothing and appropriate shoes for cool and wet or muddy weather conditions.
16. A device for downloading and backing up your images
17. A Hoodman LCD Loupe like this one to view your images out in the field. Very important
18. Knee Pads
19. This X-Rite Color Checker Passport for amazingly true colors. You will WANT to make the $99 investment.
20. A Rain sleeve such as this one.