Skip to content
The Annapolis Photography Workshop Group
Blue Crab Cupcakes Guidelines
Details on Submitting Images for Blue Crab Cupcakes
1. You can submit up to three images that were taken after February 19th, 2019 that fit the Cupcake Challenge. You cannot use any images that you submitted to the March Challenge.
2. You MUST purchase your cupcakes at Blue Crab Cupcakes. All of their information is located HERE.
3. You may purchase from one to three cupcakes, as your images cannot contain more than three cupcakes. You will receive a 25% discount on your purchase. You must mention the Annapolis Photography Workshop Cupcake Challenge. Ask for Carrie if you can. Full-size or Mini Cupcakes are eligible.
4. You need to send me your images in JPG or PNG format, and the longest dimension for the image you submit should be 1024 pixels long. So a vertical photo will be 1024 tall by whatever the length it comes out to be, and a horizontal photo will be 1024 wide by however tall the height comes out to be. I prefer 72 ppi as the resolution.
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE A FULL SIZE COPY IN CASE YOUR IMAGE(S) WIN AND NEEDS TO BE PRINTED
5. Your entries must be received by me no later than 11:59 pm on Saturday, March 23rd, 2019.
6. The file name of the image needs to be the title of the image (underscore) and your first and last name. As an example, if the title of an image I submit is called Red Velvet Cupcake, the image file name would be redvelvetcupcake_davidblecman.jpg
Please, no borders or watermarks on the digital images you submit for critique.
7. Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CUPCAKE CHALLENGE” in the subject line.
Failure to do this will disqualify your images.
8. You must attend the Cupcake Challenge Night to be eligible to win.
9. All entrants must pay a cash fee of $6 upon arriving at the critique session. The $5 total fee covers from 1-3 submitted images. The extra dollar covers our educational fund for books.. Please bring exact cash.
10. At the end of the challenge, the total $5 bills collected will be distributed to the photographers with the top three selected images to be used for Blue Crab Cupcakes’ advertising.
First Place: 50% of the Pot, Second Place: 30% of the Pot, Third Place: 20% of the Pot