The Positive Negatives Four-Course
If you have a desire to become a better photographer,
then this four-week course is perfect for you.
All sessions will take place from 7pm – 9pm at
Positive Negatives in Annapolis, MD
All Four Sessions are Only $105 Payable in Advance
Session One, February 28th:
- Learn Your Camera
- The obvious and the not-so-obvious.
- The Exposure Triangle; These are the three major elements in the process of creating an image.
- Understand Depth of Field and Aperture
- Understand Shutter Speed
- Understand ISO and Sensor Sensitivity
- Understand Your Camera’s Metering System and What Your Camera “Sees”
- Learn Evaluative Matrix Metering, Spot Metering, and Center-Weighted Metering, and when and how to utilize them.
Session Two, March 7th:
- Understand Exposure Compensation
- Learn the Importance of an Incident Meter
- Understand the Relevance and Importance of Gray in Photography
- Understand Color Temperature and White Balance
- RAW vs JPG
- Why You Will Be Shooting In RAW From Now On
- Getting Your Images Tack Sharp
- Focusing Techniques
- Manual Focus vs Auto Focus
- Live View Focusing (if applicable to your camera)
- Why You Must Have, and Use, a Good Tripod
- Back Button Focusing. You’ll Never Switch Back
Session Three, March 14th:
- Learning Lightroom and Photoshop Basics, Plus Plug-Ins
Session Four, March 21st:
- Critiquing Your Homework Assignments